New York, the Big Apple, the City that never sleeps, the concrete jungle where dreams are made of… the most amazing place I have ever visited. Endless sights to see, places to eat and at every movement of your head you notice something you may have seen in a television show or a movie. New York can be very intimidating for a first timer, and the overwhelming feeling of wanting to see and experience as much as you can during your visit can take over your entire being. New York is one of the cities where you will never see the whole place in just one visit (a great excuse to go back ey?!) so I came up with my favourite ‘must visit’ places in the Big Apple for people who want to see as many iconic places of New York as they can.
- The Friends Apartment Building – For the major Friends fans out there (such as myself) you CAN’T visit New York and not take a trip to the Friends apartment building. Now we all know that Friends was actually filmed in a studio in LA, but the famous building where the exterior scenes were shot, that is the home of our beloved Rachel, Monica, Chandler and Joey, is located at 90 Bedford St, New YorkNY 10014
- The Empire State Building – The Empire State Building is one of the most famous landmarks in NYC and the view you get from the top is something you’ll remember forever. Its located at 90 Bedford St, New York, NY 10014.
- The Brooklyn Bridge – The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the oldest bridges in New York, and connects Manhattan to the borough of Brooklyn. It can be seen in lots of movies and TV shows (such as Sex & the City) and has an amazing view of the Manhattan Skyline.
- Central Park – Central Park is the heart of the city, and even in one of the busiest cities in the world, it’s still possible to find a quiet, relaxing spot.
- The Met – The Metropolitan Museum of Art is another hotspot in Manhattan, and is a hit with people who have a passion for art, however for gossip girl fans, The Met Steps is where the Queen Blair Waldorf took her thrown. Its located at 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028.
- Times Square – Times Square is where the life is in NYC. The flashing bill boards, the street performers and the live earth cameras, Times Square is such a happy and positive place, and is most famous for being the location of the Ball Drop on New Year’s Eve.