Hope you’re all doing okay. At the beginning of August, I was lucky enough to win a giveaway held by Leah whose blog is called Devoted to Pink. In this amazing giveaway was a bunch of amazing makeup bits and other beauty products. One of the things that caught my eye was I noticed that there was two Burt’s Bees Lipsticks. I have had Burt’s Bees lip balm before, and I love their lemon scented cuticle balm but I have never seen their lipsticks before. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw them was ‘A REVIEW!’, so here is my review on the Burt’s Bees lipsticks.
I received two of these lipsticks, in the shades 520 – Scarlet Soaked, which is a very strawberry red and 531 Juniper Water which a very plum purple shade. They are both dark coloured lipsticks, which is nice because I feel like I need to add more colour to my lipstick collection. What’s even better for me is that they are both very autumnal colours, I remember when I received them and all I could think about was how excited for autumn they were making me. I have seen in a couple of other reviews on these products that people didn’t like the packaging. I on the other hand, actually really like the packaging. I like that it’s black, a nice simple and sleek colour. And I like the little bits of detail on the side that look a bit like little bubbles. I think the intent there is so it looks like honeycomb which I really liked! I thought that was quite fitting.
- I love the shades of these products. Like I already said, they are very autumnal shades and add some much needed colour to my collection.
- They are sooo moisturising! If the Burt’s Bees products I already own are anything to go by, I had a feeling they would be very nourishing.
- They apply really smoothly and because they are just a normal bullet lipstick, you can correct mistakes easily if it goes everywhere!
- They are really comfortable to wear. They aren’t a matte finish or anything so they don’t dry up your lips of feel uncomfortable, they are the total opposite!
- They have really good and smooth pigmentation which I was quite surprised about!
- The lasting power isn’t great. Because of how creamy and moisturising they are, they come off quite easily. However, I didn’t expect them to have the lasting power of a matte liquid lipstick!
Overall, I liked them. The shades are pretty, and the pigmentation of them was much better than I was expecting. They are extremely moisturising and hydrating though which was one of my favourite things about them. What I will say, because of how hydrating they are, they felt to me a little more like a coloured lip balm than a lipstick, but I suppose that isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
Thanks for reading guys, do let me know if you’ve tried these before and let me know what you think!