I turned 22 in January. I would say I now feel like a fully-fledged, brand new adult (even though I don’t want to be) and officially feel like a grown up. For this post, I wanted to do 22 things I’ve learnt in my 22 years on this glorious planet. I’ve seen a few posts like these and I loved the idea behind so wanted to it myself.
- I will always hold a grudge against certain people. As sad and lame as this sounds, I can’t let grudges with one particular person go and I never will, although I am the most forgiving person. I know people say ‘move on’ and bla bla bla, but this one particular person put me through SO much made my life SO unbearable that unfortunately when it comes to them, I do not feel particularly forgiving.
- I can’t please everyone, no matter how damn hard I try.
- Always be smart with money, everything costs money and the world revolves around it, you need it.
- Time isn’t a healer, it just makes things easier to cope with.
- I’m capable of doing anything I set my mind to – everyone is.
- Although I can’t believe I’m admitting this, school really was the easiest time of my life.
- Always take pictures, those memories will be worth everything to you one day.
- People nag because they care. Your mum and dad nag you because they love you more than anyone ever will.
- Bottling up feelings is the worst thing you could possibly do – talk.
- Social media isn’t real life, put that phone down and be in the present.
- Don’t buy expensive makeup because of the hype and leave it in your drawer never to be used again, you’ll be so annoyed at yourself.
- It’s ok to say no sometimes.
- No food will ever mean as much to me as pizza does, no seriously.
- Learn to relax and take time for yourself – stressing gets you nowhere.
- Some people will never understand.
- Never attempt to blow dry your hair as soon as you get out the shower, always sit in a towel for at least 30 minutes before even attempting to dry it.
- My dog is my favourite thing on the planet. No love could come close.
- Always tell the truth, nothing is worth making up a lie for.
- Dry shampoo is the best invention ever of life.
- Buy a some socks from Primark every time you go in because the washing machine is literally a sock eater (and so is my Labrador puppy!!)
- I don’t actually like humans that much whatsoever.
- Always follow your dreams because you never know where they will take you.
What have you learnt over the years? I’d be so interesting to know what lessons life has thrown at you. Let me know!
Thank you for reading,