So anyone who knows me knows that Friends is the ultimate love of my life (apart from Josh and the dog!!) and is just everything to me! I don’t know what it is about that TV show but I always have it on every. single. day. I have it on a constant loop and the minute I have watched the season 10 finale (that makes me cry every time) I out season 1 episode 1 straight back on. This year I’ve FINALLY been lucky enough to get tickets for Friends Fest and I can hardly contain my excitement – keep your eyes peeled for a post on that! It’s going to be one of the best days of my life I can tell, eeekkk!
I’ve watched the show since I was about 10 years old in those 12 years of loving it, it has taught me so much. In this post I wanted to share a list of the 18 things that Friends has taught me.
- The right way to say and use ‘your’ and ‘you’re.
- Surrounding yourself with positive people who genuinely care is the best thing that you can do for yourself.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try again!
- The truth always comes out in the end.
- You should NEVER bet your home in a game, it won’t end well.
- You only need to use one word when maneuvering heavy furniture.. PIVOT!
- It’s ok to not act like a grown up all the time.
- Make sure the person you settle down and share your life with is your best friend.
- You are in charge of your own happiness.
- Hard work will always pay off and be worth it.
- Say the right name at the Alter.
- Whatever is meant to be, will be.
- The importance of coffee. (Have you ever seen 6 people drink so much coffee?!)
- It’s ok to be anxious when challenges arise. That’s life, and you’ll always find a way to overcome and deal with it.
- Always forgive.
- When playing rock, paper, scissors, always use fire.
- Enjoy the little things in life, they are what mean the most.
- It’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy and it IS a big deal!
I hope you enjoyed reading through my list. What has your favourite TV show taught you?