My family have always had dogs and I am a HUGE dog person. The last puppy we had I was a young child and the dog we had after that we rescued. After losing her and deciding we wanted another 4 legged best friend we made the derision to get a Labrador puppy. My little Albus Dumbledog is the absolute light of my life. He is the most charismatic, hilarious, cutest most precious soul in the world and I never knew it was possible to love a pooch as much as I love him.
He’s just about to turn 1 so he’s now toilet trained, allowed out on his walkies and is generally a really well behaved little boy (of course he’s my angel child) but here are a few things you need to be warned about when getting a teeny little puppy!
- Having to keep your eye on them 24/7 to make sure they’re not going to the toilet in the house or ending up in places they shouldn’t
- The guilt and upset you feel with yourself when you have to that BEAUTIFUL little face off
- The amount of people who stop you when you’re out to fuss them when it already takes ages to get anywhere with a puppy with little legs.. walkies took ages!
- Having to constantly reach into his mouth and down his throat to fish out things he shouldn’t have
- This puppy will become your everything and your baby.. it effects everything
- The thought of leaving them is actually upsetting, I miss him even when I’m working!
- The ‘he’s not coming in the bed’ rule will completely go out the window – those snuggly, sleepy night time cuddles are everything!
- They fart – and dog farts STINK
- They eat all sorts of gross stuff which results in a very upset stomach
- The love you feel for this little 4 legged fur baby will be like nothing else you’ve ever experienced (apart from if you have a human baby)
Hope you enjoyed this post – do any of you guys have a dog? Are you as obsessed with them as I am with mine? I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading