As I stated in my 2019 goals post, I wanted 2019 to be the year I get back into reading books. I used to read a little bit when I was younger but being dyslexic, I always struggled more than the average person to read hardback books. Last year I bought a Kindle and it was without a doubt the best purchase I have made in a long time! I have done more reading in the last 6 months since buying my kindle than I have in about 6 years. For 2019 I wanted to set myself a goal for reading. Now I’ve seen so many people doing the ’52 books in a year’ challenge, and I’m not planning on challenging myself THAT much, but I do have a little list in my iPhone notes of books I want to read, so I just want to challenge myself to read as many books on that list as possible.
I have just last week finished ‘You’re The One That I Want’ by Giovanna Fletcher (which I loved), and I’m currently reading ‘Tiny Beautiful Things’ by Cheryl Strayed which I can’t put down! I never thought I’d be one of those people who couldn’t wait to snuggle down into bed on an evening with a good book, but I am! I’m a new person! And it’s making me so happy.
The books on my 2019 ‘to-read’ list consists of the below.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion (book 3 is also being released this year I believe!)
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Jog On by Bella Mackie
- My Thoughts Exactly by Lily Allen
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
- This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay
- Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Everything I know about Love by Dolly Alderton
- Eve of Man by Tom and Giovanna Fletcher
- Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher
- Always with Love by Giovanna Fletcher
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- After You by Jojo Moyes
- Still Me by Jojo Moyes
That’s my ‘to-read’ list so far. Please let me know if you’ve read a book that you think needs to be on my list, as I said, I’m determined to read as many as possible over the next year or so. Also, please let me know if you’ve read any of the above books, I’d love to know what you thought!
Thank you for reading